The Old Orchard Dental Practice Bonnyrigg
High Quality Dental Treatment for a Long Lasting Smile
At The Old Orchard Dental Practice, we like to provide high quality dental treatment that means that you do not have to keep coming back for more work. We like our treatment to work first time, and last for a long time, helping you to keep a healthy smile for many years with as little dental treatment as possible.
Of course, a big part of the success of your dental treatment depends upon how you look after things at home, and that is why we believe in making full use of our hygienist service, where you will be shown how to look after your teeth and given advice on how to prevent dental decay and gum disease.
By coming regularly for routine examinations, we can spot any problems early, and provide you with treatment appropriate for the size of the problem before it grows into a much bigger problem. Sometimes, if treated early enough, cavities do not even need fillings and the application of a fluoride varnish is enough!
A large part of the approach we take is preventative, and that is why we encourage all of our patients to come in twice a year for their oral health check, where we will:
- check the teeth for any signs of decay or infection
- check that the gums are strong and healthy
- screen for any signs of oral cancer
- discuss any concerns that you may have
- offer you advice on how to keep your mouth in the best of health
- make sure that you are happy with the appearance of your teeth and mouth
- discuss replacing any teeth that you may have lost due to decay or gum disease
- if we think it is necessary, we can take some x-rays to assess any problems that are not easily seen
- and if there is problem with your teeth, we will let you know about the problem, and discuss your options as fully as possible, giving you the opportunity to ask any questions at any point.
Cosmetic Dentistry and Dental Implants
As well as routine dentistry, we also offer cosmetic and implant dentistry, even to patients who do not wish to register with us long term. For more information about these services click on our dental treatment section to show a range of what we do.
Better materials for long term health
Metal free dentistry isn’t just about looking good. Modern dental materials make your tooth strong again, and bend and flex like teeth, meaning that you can keep your tooth for much longer.
- Amalgam replacement
- Cosmetic techniques
- Dental implants